Sunday, July 12, 2009

Who Lied to Pelosi?

I'll just forward you the this link about how Republicans trashed Pelosi when she claimed the CIA had lied to her. The blog post misses the point that Pelosi claimed they lied to her about waterboarding, but they were certainly lying about something. The details of the program we don't know yet, but as it was under the order of Dick Cheney, don't count me as surprised if it involves torture.

Obama has been trying to cut a "balanced" line were he doesn't divulge the details of the torture. What things have pointed to is that the highest levels of the Bush administration were endorsing torture. A truth commission without legal penalties would still be useful. Obama isn't cutting this far enough to the left.

What is interesting is that Cheney has been keep his head lower these days. I'm not sure why, but he is an old man and may be he is just getting some rest.

Anyway, I'm not going to hold my breath for much GOP outcry about this, though I do expect some. The door has finally cracked open and some light is breaking into dark place the GOP was living.

I'll watch how far the lefties blogs push this. Who's head will the call for?

No comments:

Post a Comment