Here are some random thoughts:
- Chaz Bono is probably the person I least want to hear about in 2012 ... clearly his/her 15 minutes of fame has gone on way too long. Way too over exposed.
- I have been intrigued by the news regarding the possible hints of the Higgs Boson. Ignoring the ridiculous hoopla surrounding the nickname the "God particle," it will be cool if they actually manage nail it down. I had a brief stint working on an accelerator experiment at Brookhaven National lab, but I make no claim to understanding anything that is going on.
- The E-Cat cold fusion story was somewhat mesmerizing as well. It seems like a comet, flaring brightly then cooling to the point of disappearing. Scam or no scam? If it is real, it would be a game changer.
- 35 Bowl games seems excessive, but why do some many sports people seem intent on complaining about it.
- We were almost spared a season of the NBA. Now we are almost ready for tip-off on Christmas day. For basketball, college is where it is at.
- In case you missed it UNC won the NCAA soccer championship.
- This is a bit late, but a remarkable story about how my daughter's field hockey team won the NC state championship (for the 4th year in a row). It might has well have been a TV story.
Happy Holidays all!